Saturday, May 23, 2009

Things I have learned from cancer...

Ice cream cookie sandwhiches are really good.
Macaroni and cheese helps with nausea.
A good doctor can make all the difference. So can her nurses and everyone in her office.
When you get chemo every week you get to skip to the front of the check in line (oooh, the perks).

I have a lot of amazing friends that helped me get through it last time.
I have a lot more amazing friends that will help me get through it this time.
I wear a cowboy boot necklace almost every day to remind me to "kick cancer's ass" given to me by a great group of friends.

I don't think it's fair that I got cancer but I don't think it is fair for anyone to get cancer so you will never hear me say it's not fair.

Cancer really does suck.

I don't capitalize "cancer" unless it is at the beginning of a sentence. It doesn't deserve the respect.
My husband is a wonderful help getting me through this and it would really suck without him.
My daughter helps me get out of bed in the morning (figuratively although she is happy to help me physically as well).
Fly fishing with a bunch of other survivors is fantastic treatment.
I'm sure there is a lot more but that is all I can think of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment