Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chemo today

They tried to get my port to access today but it wouldn't draw back blood but they said to go ahead and then the only way it would work is if my head was some random angle so the alarm kept going off. So they decided to do my wrist for the IV which I hate but they actually got it on the first try which is amazing. They also found out that my port is not working correctly, when they put in the saline and heperin it "gurggled", sounding like a garden hose going through my neck. Very strange. So they are going to see if it can be fixed but they doubt it so they are going to try and get one put into my arm. I really hope it can be done in the office, I don't want another surgery.
But I did make it to knitting tonight and now I am exhausted so I am going to get some ice cream and go to bed.
Hoping to go back to work on Friday, my boss said I could come in tomorrow if I get a surge of energy but that seems pretty doubtful. I think Harper is getting farmed out to Kara for the second day in a row for at least part of the day! Kara is saving the day for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment