Monday, June 15, 2009

Been busy...sleeping

I feel like I slept all weekend but I actually ended up doing quite a bit. On Friday I ended up leaving work early and going home and sleeping. Saturday was the annual Orchard of Hope Walk www.orchardofhope.org and walked there with the other "champions". What a nice event, some many different companies/organizations in Fremont county set up and sell things and raise money in addition to the walk. We don't have American Cancer Society in Fremont County so this kinda takes their place. They helped us out last year and we will be going back to them this year. It was nice to be able to help them out for a change. My work set up a booth and we raised a lot more money this year than last although as a whole the Orchard was down about $20,000 from last year.
Saturday afternoon we got to hang out with some friends and watch Harper swim in the kiddie pool. Then we all met up at the Holy Smoke BBQ contest and watched a Weiner Dog costume contest and race and then listened to Martini Shot. What a fun night. Harper had so much fun dancing and playing. It was great to see her see friends from school and talk to them and dance with them. And it was nice to just hang out with friends and listen to music and not think about cancer (although I had such horrible heartburn it was hard to forget I had just had chemo).
Sunday Harper and went to Pueblo and bought a few essentials and then slept the most of the day.
And today....drumroll please, I biked 4.5 miles tonight. Uphill (halfway), pulling a 35 pound kid in a bike trailer. I have had way way way too much energy today. I figured it would be a good way to get it out and get some exercise and Harper loves to ride. Matt's got a wobbly tire so he couldn't go. Now I realize 4.5 miles doesn't sound like much to the bikers who go all century and such but think that I just had chemo 5 days ago! And it was my 28th chemo threatment in the past year and a half! Now 4.5 miles seems a bit more impressive (at least to me).
Tomorrow it is an early morning to Denver for a work meeting.
Thursday giving blood for my new port to be put in on Monday. They said I would be out of work for a few days but I doubt it. Maybe Tuesday but that is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment