Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Medical Update~ PET Scan results

Met with the doctor this morning and got the results of my PET Scan. The main thing was to compare the results with the PET scan that I did in May. I had a few spots on my lungs and the hope was that they would stay the same throughout my chemo. That would mean that they were not cancer (as the chemo was not effecting them). The next best would be that they dissappeared (they were cancer but the chemo made them dissapear) and the worst would be that they grew (they are cancer (most likely) and the chemo didn't work). Well, lucky me, one of my spots grew from 10mm to 20mm and another one grew from 7mm to 10mm. So I was taken off of the chemo that I have been doing since it does not seem to be affecting the spots on my lungs. There was no other spots of cancer anywhere else.
To verify that it is cancer I am going to get a lung bioposy next week and then they will know for sure what we are dealing with. It is still considered breast cancer, not lung cancer. Assuming it is cancer I will be on oral chemo, two weeks on, one week off, for 6 months or more. Radiation is also on hold for the time being.
This pretty much sucks and is not what we wanted to hear but I will continue to fight this and keep my sense of humor about it. Any good thoughts would be appreciated.
I'll post when the biospy is scheduled. They will go in through my back, CT guided and then pull out the sample. They will have the results within 48 hours of the biopsy.

3 comments:

  1. Well, the biopsy doesn't sound too painful, at least. We'll give you a call this evening (our time). I wish there was some way we could put this whole thing on hold and you could come travel with us for a while. Hell, as long as we are wishing, let's wish the whole thing away! Stupid cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I want you to know that I think about you every day. You are going to beat the shit out this cancer once and for all! I am sending you some ass kicking vibes and lots of virtual {{{HUGS}}}
    You are an amazing woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,

    First off, I want to apologize, because I have not been reading your blog this summer. I became a follower today, so I will know when you have posted new info.

    Second, I want you to know how much of an inspiration you are to me. Your strength and courage is far beyond anything I could ever reach. I remember when you first told me you had cancer, I started crying. Do you remember what you said to me? You told me not to cry, that you weren't crying, and you didn't want me to cry either.

    I know you hated your old job, as did I, but I miss having you as my boss. I know we never became super close like you did with some of the other staff, but please know that I am here for you in whatever way possible.

    Keep on being strong! You can beat this!!

    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete