Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cost of chemo

Thank goodness for insurance (although it still costs sooo much money). I got my bill for chemo the other week and the total for 2 types of chemo, a shot to keep up my white blood cells and anti nausea meds and saline, etc. is a grand total of $13,364.02. Yes, $13 thousand dollars and I am in and out in about 4 hours including a doctor visit (that is not on this bill though). I think we really need to look at our health care.
If the government is taking over car companies why is everyone so against them taking over healthcare? Not that I necessarily agree with taking over car companies but for healthcare, something needs to happen. It's not working the way it is right now, that's for sure.

2 comments:

  1. That is a crazy amount of money. Do you have just one treatment left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a least two chemos left. I have a PET scan next week and then we'll know what is coming.

    ReplyDelete