Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's been awhile

After almost finishing up the Xeloda oral chemo I had a CT scan to see if the cancer had spread and what was going on. It turns out that the Xeloda had not been working. The cancer has spread throughout my liver some more and some spots are bigger and also the same with my lungs. So it is good news that it has not spread to any other organs or bones but not so good that we lost those 12 weeks or so trying the Xeloda.
So on Monday I started two new kinds of chemo IV that I can't remember the names to. They are making me so tired. I am just exhausted and can barely get out of bed. But the pain is lessening which is a good sign (they said the pain would go away when the tumors shrank) but it does seem a bit quick acting but I'll take what I can get.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad the pain is lessening, but sorry you're so tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jes, you are a fighter and you are going to beat this. I am praying for you and think about you every day.
    Megan

    ReplyDelete